Monday, July 2, 2012

Slaw: Quick and Cool

Hot. Straight up. It began on Friday June 29th...We attended a Last Friday event at the Baltimore Street Car Museum that was primarily to raise bike commuting awareness in Bmore (pretty neat!) and I never knew that Baltimore had such a large bicycle gang. Much more so than when I moved here 8 years ago from a very progressive city with super friendly bike lanes everywhere.  Now if you have never been to the BSM it's pretty rad. We went on a trolley ride and drank large Fat Tire beers and small talked with city bike riders. However while standing (yes standing) I was dripping sweat, hungry and becoming intoxicated quickly. Good thing we had fish tacos waiting for us at home!
I didn't take pics of the tacos. We ate them too fast and we didn't care! It was hot (95 degrees at 9pm) and we were starving. But this is not for the tacos (although I will do a post with pics later this week when I make them again for the third time) this my friends is for the Slaw that we made to go with the tacos and it was so surprisingly quick and easy (and delicious!) I had to share it with you.

Slaw: Quick and Cool

Shred or finely slice about 8 cups red or green cabbage into a serving bowl
Whisk together is a small bowl:
1/4 cup Rice Vinegar (unseasoned)
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
1/2 of a hot pepper minced, like a Serrano

15 minutes before you serve, pour the dressing over the cabbage, toss and devour. Naked.

Stay cool everyone!

XOMC