Monday, May 10, 2010

Thank You Dinner with J and M



A couple of weeks ago my friend Jackie asked me to develop a diet plan for her. Being obsessed with healthy eating my friends always seem to come to me for advice on how to eat better, and I LOVE giving good sound food advice. This was the first time I actually put my food resources to paper and I surprised myself to just how much I know. We took some time to talk about her eating habits and her goals. I wanted to make sure that I did not impose my particular eating lifestyle in learning about and developing hers, because everybody is different and everyone needs different foods to benefit them. What I ended up giving her was a 5 page document that listed all the foods that I thought would benefit her, what foods are best purchased organically as well as foods that I thought would be her personal Superfoods along with a list of new items to slowly start incorporating into her Palate and Pantry vocabulary.
Last night she thanked me with a beautiful dinner along with another M friend of ours. It was fantastic! And to my delight she told me that the new eating plan was working for her and her initial goals are being reached. Its so exciting to see that food is empowering her to explore and eat new things. Needless to say I was totally flattered and impressed by the meal she made.
Go Jackie Go!

She prepared the following:
Mango and Avocado Salsa
Bruschetta
Quinoa and Zucchini Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
Vegetarian Lentil Burgers