Thursday, May 6, 2010

Veg!


My future in vegetable gardening has begun! I finished all of my seed planting last weekend. This is what i planted last Saturday:

Arugula
Sassy Salad Mix
carrots
Beets!
Onions
Basil

Man oh man i tell you planning out where everything goes is definitely a science. I spent 5 hours in total plotting, measuring and spacing then finally planting. I think i may have over "seeded" but i can always thin them out. Also the passer-by comments have officially gone from something along the lines of "Your Crazy" to "What are you growing?" and "WOW! Your garden is looking fantastic!" to other veggie gardeners sharing their success stories and failures and just general support. I even saw someone else in my hood become inspired with their own planter boxes. Right in their front Yard!

Lets hear it for Veggie Gardens!